15.6.06

first stop

So. One month out. A little intimidating, more than a little exciting. I feel like one of those awful tourists who wander around a new city with their arms full of guidebooks and a "I Heart NY" cap perched on their heads. Maybe it has something to do with the six India-related books stacked on my nightstand. I'm not even in Pune yet and I already feel a little goofy.

Fortunately, even though I had a brief battle with reality-of-living-on-the-opposite-side-of-the-earth the other night, I'm really excited to go. Even though I could've studied abroad in a number of different countries, the more I read about India the more I feel like it's the place I'm supposed to go.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger avalokiteshvara said...

Which of the six books did you like most? Or are they just travelguides?
It's nice you go for the adventure, and an adventure it will be if you are open to the people and the land!

6/20/2006 05:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sweet u r!!!!!!!!

6/27/2006 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home